TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms and Conditions in respect of the use of this website.
This website is owned and maintained by Empire HR Limited.
Use of website
By using this website you agree to the undernoted terms and conditions.
Empire HR Limited is the owner of all intellectual property rights in this website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You may print off and download extracts of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site. You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining prior permission to do so from us.
Updating of content and Exclusion of liability
Please note that the materials on this website are provided for general information purposes only and do not constitute legal or other professional advice.
Empire HR Limited does not accept any responsibility for any loss which may arise from reliance on information contained in this site.
Nothing in these terms and conditions attempts to exclude liability that is not permitted under applicable law. Certain parts of this site link to external internet sites, and other external sites link to this website.
Empire HR Limited is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.
The postal and registered address for Empire HR Limited is Empire House, 117 Grandholm Drive, Aberdeen, AB22 8AE.
Empire HR Limited is registered in Scotland under company number: 151043
Financial Conduct Authority
Empire HR Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. It is permitted to advise on and arrange general insurance contracts. Its Financial Conduct Authority registration number is 315257. You can check this information online by visiting www.fca.org.uk
The terms and conditions of use of this website are governed by the laws of Scotland and any dispute regarding this website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
Keeping your information safe and secure
We are committed to keeping personal information safe and confidential. If you apply for a product or service we will use your personal data in accordance with the consents that you give us when you apply.
Capturing, Using and Disclosing data
When you're browsing and using this site we often capture data about you. Sometimes we do it directly, sometimes indirectly. Please note that the information given by you will be processed strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website;
• Information you provide when registering for or using our on-line services within the client or candidate areas area of our site, for purchasing documents from the HR Store or booking training via our website, when posting content or requesting further services or information; if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and your contact details;
• details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data and other communication data.
Use of Data
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to provide our site and our on-line services to you;
• to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
• to notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of Data
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
• our service providers who provide web hosting services;
• if substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our clients and users will be one of the transferred assets;
• if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
We will not disclose your information to other parties and can assure you that the information given will only be used for internal purposes.
Clients who wish to use the private client area must enable cookies, because, if they don’t, clients will not be able to log on. Cookies are also used by the software we use which enables visitors to buy documents from our HR Store or book and pay for places on our training courses. Visitors who wish to purchase documents from our HR Store or pay for courses online will also have to enable cookies.
Changes to Website
Empire HR Limited is committed to improving the service and information we are able to provide our website users. We are therefore continually seeking ways of improving and upgrading the website. With this in mind, we reserve the right to change the way this website operates and how we process information. However, we will continue to respect the privacy and preferences of all users.